Chicago White Sox
Generated from 22 Previous Games
6.4 = 9.86
Both pitchers are new to these batters so the ‘versus’ matchup is up for grabs.
We do know a little bit about how they’ve been performing lately, and we know a little bit about how their lumber is doing at the plate.
Let’s look into it:
PITCHING / HITTING
- Chicago’s Erik Johnson accrued a 6.35ERA across 17IP in Spring Training but he got rocked in his home opener with a 13.50ERA giving up 10 hits in 4.2 innings.
These kinds of statistics are a static flaw considering that Colorado hitting was ranked #1 in the league in Spring Training as well as in the Regular Season thus far. With that said, the Chicago White Sox were ranked 11th in Spring Training and are currently 2nd in the Regular Season.
- Colorado’s Juan Nicasio earned a respectable 2.86ERA across 22IP in Spring Training and brought his wares to his opener where he pitched a 1.29ERA across 7IP.
So far Nicasio has shown the kind of pitching that can stand against strong bats, and he will need every bit of it going up against the #2 bats in the league.
All in all, the strength of Chicago’s bats are a static strength and are enough to score wins against any team; but then, all the more so for #1 ranked Colorado bats.
Both bullpens are definitely in need of work.
- The CWS pen posts a 5.90ERA
- The COL pen posts a 6.33ERA
The bottom line to bank on here is COLORADO’s pitching.
Unless Johnson grew a brain overnight, Nicasio should be able to hold CWS to only a few runs and COLORADO’s batting should be able to score at least a few more over the span of 9 innings.
The prediction is not without risk, but it should be enough to bring us the ML win.
Did you know:
- When CHI WHITE SOX team played as a 140 to 160 road Underdog – During a day game – 3rd game of a series: SU 6-16-0
- When CHI WHITE SOX team Played as road team as a Underdog – Vs. Right handed pitchers – Last 2 years 31-59-0
- When COLORADO team Played as Home team as a Favorite – During the month of April – Vs. Right handed pitchers – Coming off a lost in game 2 of a series – Coming off a 1 game loss: SU 9-1-0
- When COLORADO team Played as home team as a Favorite – Vs Non Conference Opponent – Vs Non Division Opponent 61-39-0
- When COLORADO team played as a home team – Last 2 years – During the month of April 19-11-0
Afternoon Prediction: COLORADO to win 6-4.