By ATS Staff Writer: JT Sneaks
Date: September 11th, 2014
The Sunday football game of the week features two of the best teams in the league. The San Francisco 49ers won their first game of the week over the Dallas Cowboys and they are one of the few teams that believe that they can compete with the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC.
The Chicago Bears played an ugly game and had an unspeakable loss to the Buffalo Bills. What made the loss even worse is that the Bears were on their home turf and they were a touchdown favorite in this game. The loss of this game could be due to injuries to some of the best players on the field. Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery were both slowed due to injury Sunday, and Jeffery’s last target came at 14:55 of the third quarter. With the duo limited, new Bears receivers were unable to carry the same load. If they do not get healthy soon the Bears will struggle all season long. It will not get easy when they play this Sunday night game by the bay.
The 49ers are off an impressive win against the Dallas Cowboys. This team had a staunch defensive effort that put the Cowboys in a big hole early in the game. Several turnovers led the 49ers to a big lead early, and the Cowboys could never recover.
On offense the main target for the 49ers was their versatile tight end. Vernon Davis caught two touchdown passes Sunday on back-to-back throws from Colin Kaepernick. Davis has now caught 15 of Kaepernick’s 23 touchdown passes the past two seasons. The Bears will have their hands full trying to defend this big man in this big game.
The sports betting stats found at ATSSTATS.com reveal some very interesting wagering angles that should be considered when sports handicapping the NFL this season.
- When CHICAGO BEARS team played as Road team as a Underdog – Vs Conference Opponent – vs. opponent with a 80% or more winning % they are 2-8 against the spread.
- When CHICAGO BEARS team played as a Road team – With 6 day off – Coming off a Home loss – Scored 20 points or less FOR in their last game they are 12-23 straight up in the game.
- When SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS team played as Home team as a Favorite – After a non-division game – Coming off a 11-13 point win they are 11-4 against the spread
- When SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS team played as a -7.0 to -9.5 Favorite – After a non-division game – Coming off a Win over NFC East opponent rthey are 7-4 against the spread.
- When ANY NFL Team (Bears) played as a 7 to 9.5 Underdog – During the month of September – With 6 days off – Coming off a lost on grass – Coming off 1 underthey are 18-12-2 against the spread.
The desperate Bears will have to leave it all out on the field if they hope to get this victory against the 49ers on Sunday night.
Try a 30 day membership at ATS STATS by signing up.