The Atlanta Falcons indeed have one of the most interesting schedules in the NFL this season for a couple of reasons. The first reason, is that no one really knows how good or bad this team is going to be, namely because of the per season streakiness of Matt Ryan.
This team made the Super Bowl 2.5 years ago and had the game in hand. They’ve had little roster turnover and have had the same coaching in place. They won only 7 games last season, but are projecting right around the 9 win total, that being said almost every game they play is currently a toss-up game. On paper Atlanta is a perfect match with 7 of their opponents with one being the Carolina Panthers… so mark it down for 8 toss up games. Than they have 5 cake games – Titans, Cardinals, Jacksonville and the Bucs twice and 3 games where they are clearly going to be over matched – Minnesota and New Orleans twice. After that, this team will be in 16 competitive football games that good go either way #Stressful.
Secondly they don’t play a division opponent in the first half of the season until November in their 9th game. Than they play 5 straight games against divisional foes – that will be grueling. The sweet spot of this schedule comes in the final two weeks of the season when the host Jacksonville and visit Tampa – can you playoffs??
Atlanta Falcons Season Total Wins Odds
Want to wager on season totals? Bet here…
- 2019 Win Total: 8.5 (over -130/under +110)
- 2018 Wins: 7
Atlanta Falcons 2019 Schedule
- Sunday 9/8, 1:00 pm at Minnesota Vikings (MIN -4)
- Sunday 9/15, 8:20 pm vs. Philadelphia Eagles (ATL -1.5)
- Sunday 9/22, 1:00 pm at Indianapolis Colts
- Sunday 9/29, 1:00 pm vs. Tennessee Titans
- Sunday 10/6, 1:00 pm vs. Houston Texans
- Sunday 10/13, 1:00 pm at Arizona Cardinals
- Sunday 10/20, 4:05 pm vs. L.A. Rams
- Sunday 10/27, 1:00 pm vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Sunday 11/10, 1:00 pm at New Orleans Saints
- Sunday 11/17, 1:00 pm at Carolina Panthers
- Sunday 11/24, 1:00 pm vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Thursday 11/28, 8:20 pm vs. New Orleans Saints
- Sunday 12/8, 1:00 pm vs. Carolina Panthers
- Sunday 12/15, 4:25 pm at San Francisco 49ers
- Sunday 12/22, 1:00 pm vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Sunday 12/29, 1:00 pm at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
X FACTOR: Austin Hooper – If the Atlanta TE1 can catch and block like a top four TE in the league should, this offense will be a top 5 offense – easily. With two dependable wide receivers, a solid running game and a solid O-line, Matt Ryan will be able to weave his regular season magic, and Hooper’s ability to produce will be a major driver of this.
PREDICTION: 9-7 — If 8 games are toss ups, and 5 games are one-sided in favor of Atlanta having a path to 13 wins would be the absolute ceiling. However the more reasonable number for the Falcons would be 9 wins if they stay with their current trend of one year up and one year down. This should be a good year, where they catch teams off guard, and overwhelm them offensively. The Falcons defense is above average as well, and by season’s end they will be the main factor in this team’s drive for a Wild Card spot.