The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are in a definite rebuilt mode namely on the defensive side of the ball, but also in parts of their offense as well. On offensive they have their QB on lock, but Jameis Winston really hasn’t turned the corner that translates on field skill into actual team wins.
He is serviceable and does a lot of things well. He has two great WRs, and two good TEs, but the running game is in desperate need of an overhaul. The defense lacks playmakers and scheme and has a lot of work to do as well, which really hurts the Bucs in the win column. The schedule is normal, and nothing jumps out at you, the only problem is the Bucs just aren’t that complete of a football team, and that will reflect in their record, despite have some major play makers on the offensive side of the ball.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Season Total Wins Odds
Want to wager on season totals? Bet here…
- 2019 Win Total: 6.5 (over -110/under -110)
- 2018 Wins: 5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2019 Schedule
- Sunday 9/8, 4:25 pm vs. San Francisco 49ers (EVEN)
- Thursday 9/12, 8:20 pm at Carolina Panthers
- Sunday 9/22, 4:05 pm vs. New York Giants
- Sunday 9/29, 4:05 pm at L.A. Rams
- Sunday 10/6, 1:00 pm at New Orleans Saints
- Sunday 10/13, 9:30 am vs. Carolina Panthers
- Sunday 10/27, 1:00 pm at Tennessee Titans
- Sunday 11/3, 4:05 pm at Seattle Seahawks
- Sunday 11/10, 1:00 pm vs. Arizona Cardinals
- Sunday 11/17, 1:00 pm vs. New Orleans Saints
- Sunday 11/24, 1:00 pm at Atlanta Falcons
- Sunday 12/1, 1:00 pm at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Sunday 12/8, 1:00 pm vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Sunday 12/15, 1:00 pm at Detroit Lions
- Sunday 12/22, TBD pm vs. Houston Texans
- Sunday 12/29, 1:00 pm vs. Atlanta Falcons
X FACTOR: Chris Godwin – Tampa Bay’s number two WR has already proven to be a serviceable commodity in this offense. Godwin came on strong last season, and expectations are going to be high this season. Godwin’s ability to be effective in this offense will have snowball effect as Mike Evans will see more single coverage thus making him more productive. Jameis Winston would have another toy in the yard to get the ball to making the offensive that much more productive. This team has some major potential moving forward, it just won’t be this year.
PREDICTION: 6-10 – six wins feels generous here with this team despite Tampa Bay being great on the offensive side of the ball. The defense is porous and the O-line is also a bit suspicious. Fewer wins then the Vegas stated over/under could be in store, as all three divisional opponents are improved. Again the schedule is nothing out of the ordinary but aside from the Lions, Jaguars, Giants, Titans and Cardinals every game the Buccaneers have is a pretty tough match-up. At the end of the day Vegas has this one right, though the under seems pretty safe here. 6 wins would still be an improvement from last season so sit back and enjoy… and early round draft pick.