Vegas shows a digression for the Seattle Seahawks in 2019, but ATS says not so fast! This team has shed itself from all contract beefs, locker room cancer, drama and is more healthy heading into the season than they were at any point last year.
They are deep at RB, have dependable WRs a much improved O-line – and a Super Bowl Champion QB, so don’t forget about Russell Wilson. The defense has Bobby Wagner as an anchor and from there all the coaching and culture that they need to be successful. The Seahawks boast pro-bowlers on Special teams too. Are they Super Bowl contenders?? Likely not, especially because they lack depth, but they are better than the slated projection, and that’s while playing in tough and much improved division.
Let’s slow the roll on the narrative that says that the 49ers are going to be better than the Seahawks – that is just an inference based on little fact and limited statistical data to back it up. The Seahawks were 1-1 last season against the 49ers with their loss being in OT. Let’s not get too caught in the 49er hype.
Seattle Seahawks Season Total Wins Odds
Want to wager on season totals? Bet here…
- 2019 Win Total: 8.5 (over -120/under +100)
- 2018 Wins: 10
Seattle Seahawks 2019 Schedule
- Sunday 9/8, 4:05 pm vs. Cincinnati Bengals (SEA -9.5)
- Sunday 9/15, 1:00 pm at Pittsburgh Steelers (PIT -3.5)
- Sunday 9/22, 4:25 pm vs. New Orleans Saints
- Sunday 9/29, 4:05 pm at Arizona Cardinals
- Thursday 10/3, 8:20 pm vs. L.A. Rams
- Sunday 10/13, 1:00 pm at Cleveland Browns
- Sunday 10/20, 4:25 pm vs. Baltimore Ravens
- Sunday 10/27, 1:00 pm at Atlanta Falcons
- Sunday 11/3, 4:05 pm vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Monday 11/11, 8:15 pm at San Francisco 49ers
- Sunday 11/24, 8:20 pm at Philadelphia Eagles
- Monday 12/2, 8:15 pm at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Sunday 12/8, 8:20 pm vs. Minnesota Vikings
- Sunday 12/15, 1:00 pm at Carolina Panthers
- Sunday 12/22, 4:25 pm vs. Arizona Cardinals
- Sunday 12/29, 4:25 pm vs. San Francisco 49ers
X FACTOR: D.K. Metcalfe — We hate to put this on a rookie, but if he’s the baller he was drafted to be, the Seahawks are going to be fine on offense. He’s not blowing anyone away in camp right now, but has 3 weeks left to get right before the season starts.
PREDICTION: 9-7 – Naturally there is a path to fewer or more wins, but 9 is a safe conservative number here. The Seahawks schedule is packed full of great opponents and road trips to Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Atlanta, and Philadelphia are now joke. Though expectations are high for each of those four teams, it should be noted that Seattle through coaching, elite QB play, and playmakers on both sides of the ball belongs on the field with all them, and will make them earn their victories. One would assume that the Seahawks will pull one of those games out. Either way this team is here to the end, a definite playoff contender and is much better than they are getting credit for.