On paper this team is good, and matches up well against many of their opponents. There’s no telling what the San Francisco ceiling and this roster is amongst the youngest in the NFL.
The 49ers have an amazing framework in place with an outstanding coaching staff and their big ticket QB, but this team is yoked up pretty good with both offensive play makers and a young, healthy, hungry defense. Their depth at the running back position is astounding with Tevin Coleman, Jerrick McKinnon and Matt Brieda both equally as capable. At WR it looks like the 49ers are going to surround Dante Pettis with a bunch of wiley veterans including Marquise Goodwin, and Jordan Matthews.
George Kittle is a sublime athlete that is expected to put up some huge numbers, and has the TE body to do it. On the defensive side of the ball the 49ers look to make use of first round draft pick Nick Bosa to go along with free agent signing Dee Ford and other defensive cogs like DeForest Buckner, Kwon Alexanders, and veteran Richard Sherman.
San Francisco 49ers Total Wins Odds
Want to wager on season totals? Bet here…
- 2019 Win Total: 8.0 (over -140/under +120)
- 2018 Wins: 4
San Francisco 49ers 2019 Schedule
- Sunday 9/8, 4:25 pm at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Sunday 9/15, 1:00 pm at Cincinnati Bengals
- Sunday 9/22, 4:25 pm vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Monday 10/7, 4:05 pm vs. Cleveland Browns
- Sunday 10/13, 4:05 pm at L.A. Rams
- Sunday 10/20, 1:00 pm at Washington Redskins
- Sunday 10/27, 4:05 pm vs. Carolina Panthers
- Thursday 10/31, 8:20 pm at Arizona Cardinals
- Monday 11/11, 8:15 pm vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Sunday 11/17, 4:05 pm at Arizona Cardinals
- Sunday 11/24, 4:25 pm vs. Green Bay Packers
- Sunday 12/1, 1:00 pm at Baltimore Ravens
- Sunday 12/8, 1:00 pm at New Orleans Saints
- Sunday 12/15, 4:25 pm vs. Atlanta Falcons
- Sunday 12/22, TBD pm vs. L.A. Rams
- Sunday 12/29, 4:25 pm at Seattle Seahawks
X FACTOR: Jimmy Garoppolo – We all wish he could just get on the field for an extended period of so that we can what we’ve got. It’s like having a sports can and only getting it up 60mph. If Garoppolo meets even 75% of expectations this team will be totally different. He is the quintessential playmaker in this offense and a field general like this team hasn’t seen since Steve Young. This coaching staff will have these guys ready to play in San Franciso.
PREDICTION: 9-7 – The O/U on this team is 8 which is a scared number, so shame on Vegas for setting this uninspiring win total. On one hand the 8 wins would be a huge improvement twice the amount of wins that they had last season, that’s a crazy positive trend. On the other hand, that number isn’t good enough to challenge for the playoffs let alone a wild card spot. This team needs and is capable of 9 wins, and Jimmy G makes all the difference. As he goes this season, so to do the 49ers, so get ready San Franciso it’s time to compete.