The Minnesota Vikings after a tough schedule last season ripped off 8 wins in a campaign that fell way below expectations.
There is a lot to look forward to this season, including another year with a less new QB building chemistry with a capable bunch of playmakers on offense. A young defense, gets another year older and built up some depth in the draft. An all new offensive scheme that involves rotations on every play and more players involved in the play should interesting to watch as well.
The Vikings beefed up on the O-line as well, further securing both the time that Cousins can have with the ball, and a consistent run game. This is the best time to implement a new offense – when the team is young, the players are new to each other, and they are not set in their ways. The defense led by MLB Anthony Barr, will be as hungry as ever and should be more relentless than they were last season.
This defensive unit is as effective as the offensive side, the question is, can this team avoid the predictability and lack of creativity that hit them in the last quarter of the season.
Minnesota Vikings Season Total Wins Odds
Want to wager on season totals? Bet here…
- 2019 Win Total: 9 (over -110/under -110)
- 2018 Wins: 8
Minnesota Vikings 2019 Schedule
- Sunday 9/8, 1:00 pm vs. Atlanta Falcons (MIN -4)
- Sunday 9/15, 1:00 pm at Green Bay Packers
- Sunday 9/22, 1:00 pm vs. Oakland Raiders
- Sunday 9/29, 4:25 pm at Chicago Bears
- Sunday 10/6, 1:00 pm at New York Giants
- Sunday 10/13, 1:00 pm vs. Philadelphia Eagles
- Sunday 10/20, 1:00 pm at Detroit Lions
- Thursday 10/24, 8:20 pm vs. Washington Redskins
- Sunday 11/3, 1:00 pm at Kansas City Chiefs
- Sunday 11/10, 8:20 pm at Dallas Cowboys
- Sunday 11/17, 1:00 pm vs. Denver Broncos
- Monday 12/2, 8:15 pm at Seattle Seahawks
- Sunday 12/8, 1:00 pm vs. Detroit Lions
- Sunday 12/15, 8:20 pm at L.A. Chargers
- Monday 12/23, 8:15 pm vs. Green Bay Packers
- Sunday 12/29, 1:00 pm vs. Chicago Bears
X FACTOR: Dalvin Cook – if the third year pro from Florida State can remain healthy and upright for 14-15 games this team will be unstoppable and easily take the division. Cook has the potential to be a feature back, as his body is perfectly built for the combo power running game with the ability to bounce it to the outside. Cook has seen success at the professional level, so the question remains – can he stay healthy – if so everyone gets better, and closing out games in the 4th quarter just got easier.
PREDICTION: 10-6 — The path to 9 games is easy to see here as well, but this offense is about to turn it up a notch and if all of their cogs stay healthy, including Adam Thelien, Stephan Diggs, and Dalvin than this team should be able to run with anyone. Remember the defense is fast and hard hitting, and an improvement for the Vikings should be expected.