After a forgettable 2018 season, there are a few reasons for Packers Nation to be excited about 2019. OK, maybe there’s one reason – and his name Aaron Rodgers.
There’s no telling want a healthy Aaron Rodgers is capable of, and defenses will stress out about the entire week leading up to the game. Rodgers has his blue chip WR in Davante Adams, but after that there simply isn’t a body of work amongst the other offensive cogs that constitutes a viable air tight prediction. The pendulum could swing either way for both the WR2 Marquez Valdes-Scantling and the RB spot with Aaron Jones – analysts everywhere seem to be split on the future production in both spots. Jimmy Graham seems like a shell of himself, but if he returns to form, and the WR2 and RB positions hold it should be an offensive fireworks show every week. The defense is young and inexperienced, but so are the offenses they play in the division.
Aside from that – this is a tough schedule with an AFC South draw that is a tall mountain to climb. Vegas remains optimistic though.
Green Bay Packers Season Total Wins Odds
Want to wager on season totals? Bet here…
- 2019 Win Total: 9 (over -110/under -110)
- 2018 Wins: 6
Green Bay Packers 2019 Schedule
- Thursday 9/5, 8:20 pm at Chicago Bears (CHI -3.0)
- Sunday 9/15, 1:00 pm vs Minnesota Vikings
- Sunday 9/22, 1:00 pm vs. Denver Broncos
- Thursday 9/26, 8:20 pm vs. Philadelphia Eagles (GB -1.5)
- Sunday 10/6, 4:25 pm at Dallas Cowboys
- Monday 10/14, 8:15 pm vs. Detroit Lions
- Sunday 10/20, 1:00 pm vs. Oakland Raiders
- Sunday 10/27, 8:20 pm at Kansas City Chiefs
- Sunday 11/3, 4:25 pm at L.A. Chargers
- Sunday 11/10, 1:00 pm vs. Carolina Panthers
- Sunday 11/24, 4:25 pm at San Francisco 49ers
- Sunday 12/1, 1:00 pm at New York Giants
- Sunday 12/8, 1:00 pm vs. Washington Redskins
- Sunday 12/15, 1:00 pm vs. Chicago Bears
- Monday 12/23, 8:15 pm at Minnesota Vikings
- Sunday 12/29, 1:00 pm at Detroit Lions
X FACTOR: Jimmy Graham – sometimes you just want to shake a player and remind them how athletically gifted they are and how unstoppable they once were. That’s the case with Graham, and if they can’t get on the same page this season, it ain’t ever going to a happen. Which is sad, because there’s no reason a Graham from Rodgers connection shouldn’t be better than Graham from Brees or Graham from Russell Wilson. Chew on that.
PREDICTION: 9-6 – Vegas is spot on with this win total projection but a path to 10 wins is also viable if everything goes Green Bay’s way. Unlike Chicago, is hard to have faith in the Packers defense when they haven’t given reason to have faith in them. It’s a tough schedule, but this will be a tough offense to stop with a healthy Aaron Rodgers, and that will give the Packers a chance in most games. This team struggled on the road as well, so they will need to tighten, but again the offense will need to carry the weight. When all is said and done the Packers will challenge for Wild Card spot so stay tuned.