In the dynamic world of Major League Baseball (MLB), performance metrics are continually shifting. It's critical to keep a close eye on the trends to understand how teams are faring against their competitors.
Using the Raymond Report SOS power rating system, we evaluate the performance of teams based on their strength of schedule (SOS) and power rating (PR). Today, we take a closer look at the MLB strength of schedule power ratings for June 17th, comparing the current season power ratings with the last 14 days' performance.
We've categorized our analysis into ‘Bullish', ‘Neutral', and ‘Bearish' teams, providing insights on which teams are on the upswing, holding steady, or experiencing a downturn. Read on for a closer look at the performance landscape of MLB as it stands today.
- Atlanta Braves: Atlanta is riding a high win % this season with 62.86%. They've also managed a 78.57% win rate over the last 14 games. Their power rating (PR) has been consistent throughout the season, sitting at 0.56 currently and 0.58 in the last 14 days. They've faced fairly strong competition, with their SOS% at 48.38% this season and 47.08% in the last 14 games.
- Tampa Bay Rays: The Rays have the highest win % this season at 69.86%, and their recent form (78.57% win rate in the last 14 games) shows their continued strength. Their PR remains high at 0.59 for the season and 0.63 for the last 14 days.
- Texas Rangers: The Rangers' win % is at 60.87% for the season, and they're holding steady with a 50% win rate over the last 14 games. The PR shows a slight drop from 0.55 to 0.53 in the last 14 days, but their strength of competition has increased, indicating they're holding their own.
- Boston Red Sox: The Red Sox have had an even 50% win rate this season and have had a 0.52 PR. Over the last 14 days, they've won 42.86% of their games, with a PR of 0.48.
- Cincinnati Reds: The Reds have won 50% of their games this season and in the last 14 days. Their PR has dropped slightly from 0.49 to 0.47, indicating a slight decline.
- Minnesota Twins: The Twins have a steady win rate of 50% this season and a slightly lower rate of 42.86% over the last 14 games. Their PR has dipped slightly from 0.49 to 0.48.
- Kansas City Royals: The Royals are struggling this season with the lowest win % at 26.09%. They've won just one game in the last 14, reflecting in their PR dropping from 0.38 to 0.31.
- Oakland Athletics: The Athletics have a win % of 26.39%, one of the lowest this season. Despite a higher win rate over the last 14 days (50%), their PR remains low at 0.57.
- St. Louis Cardinals: The Cardinals have a win % of 38.57% this season, and it's decreased to 21.43% over the last 14 games. Their PR has dropped significantly from 0.45 to 0.37, indicating a decline in performance.
In conclusion, Braves, Rays, and Rangers are showing strong performance against their opponents, while the Royals, Athletics, and Cardinals need to improve their game to overcome their tough schedules. Keep an eye on the Red Sox, Reds, and Twins as they maintain a steady performance.